Monday, November 19, 2012

A Fairy Party - the details

For Imke's 3rd birthday, we had a fairy party as I wanted to see all the little girls with their tutus and wings while their little bodies are still soft and round (and before my girlie decided that fairies are not her thing!)

Her birthday is in June, which is the middle of winter, but we have always had beautiful sunny days for her parties. And this year was no exception. 

I wanted this party to be extra special for Imke, and I wanted her to feel special and look special and everything just had to be, you guessed it, special ;-)

Lots of the decorations I handmade, as well as the tutus for the girls and the peter pan hats, swords and belts for the boys. I started very early with the planning and making, and the invites I designed also went out early (because I am a bit OCD and because I was just sooo excited!).

Here are some photos (most taken by Karin Meiring Photography)

The invitation to Imke's 3rd birthday


Tutus & wands made by me, wings bought


A felt mushroom hiding in the grass

The boys each got a Peter Pan felt hat, belt and sword

The welcome sign as guests arrived


My sister in law as a Fairy Godmother





The fabulous Sacha as Fairy Godmother nr 2 - they welcomed the little ones and granted them fairy status for the day!


Candy Buffet








I wanted a long wooden table, and long picnic style benches for the party table - my daddy made this awesome table, and we used scaffolding planks as the seats. I also sewed pink mushroom pillows for each lil bum :-)




fairy princess Imke surveying the scene



This beautiful fairy cake was made by Jacqui - the most fab cake lady ever!

The most beautiful soon-to-be fairy waiting for her guests!

Getting dressed in her fairy get-up

with her mommy & daddy - so excited for the party!


 Here are some pics of the little fairy guests











Having everyone sing happy birthday to her just made her day!

Bless her little heart, so HAPPY!


I asked all the mommies to bring their childrens' plastic motorbikes with and I set up a craft table where they could decorate a treat box to their hearts content, and then mommy could fill it with all the sweeties and cupcakes that was available. I also gave them little plastic bottle with edible glitter and jelly powder, so they could mix their own fairy dust.

It was such a wonderful day! I just loved seeing Imke so happy and feeling so special. Makes all the hard work and late hours so worth it <3

I am already thinking of next year's party - Imke has requested a Pink Pirate Princess Party!

mwah
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I loved that! You are so creative and I wish I had one ounce of your creativity. Imke is one lucky girl.

    When are you coming to CT? I need some help planning Matthew's 2nd birthday party... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! And I can help you from here, just shout :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit! Please say hello ;-)