Friday, November 2, 2012

Projects 2012 - Part 1

When we moved into the new house in January, it gave me the opportunity to tackle some DIY projects that I have been wanting to do for ages.

First thing I did was upcycle a old dartboard to a key cupbaord - just love this aqua blue in our entrance area. I added the little compartments in the front, and sprayed the inside doors with black board paint. (I don't have a before pic as I was too excited to get started!)




































(The walls still need some colour, but we will get to that once I have done all my little projects.)


Next I tackled my first ever upholstering job, and it was super easy and fun! I am actually very proud of the outcome. And it is comfortable lol! 

I did a huge big headboard, which I covered in white faux leather with some sparkly crystal buttons.


yip, that is J's feet in the front of the shot!

The finished product

A close-up

Our bed before the headboard, redone mirrors and painted lampshades


WIth the new headboard and painted mirrors and lampshades


Front View


Again, our walls still need some colour and art, but I will get to that ;-)



Next post I will show what I've done in Imke's room!


Mwah
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit! Please say hello ;-)