Thursday, November 1, 2012

An update on all the VDB's

We are all doing so well - this year has been good to us. We are loving our new home, and have settled in so nicely. Feels like we have been here ages, and it is deffies our forever home. We have done lots of work on it, and it is becoming more us every day, which makes me happy :-) I have loads of projects still planned, but time being such a commodity, some of them will have to wait for next year.








J is busy busy at work - poor man just works too much :-( But he loves his job, and as much I would love him to take it easier, he thrives when he is challenged and busy. When we do get time to spend together, I always marvel at how much I just adore this man. He is so kind, loving, generous, sincere and fabulous, I thank the Lord every day for bringing us together. I love watching him with Immie - he is the best daddy a girl could ever wish for, He is patient and funny, not against playing on the floor with her or being a silly bugger to make her laugh <3


Jeroen & Immie playing giddy-up




I am busy too, but with all the little things that make a house a home, and loving the chance to tackle all kinds of new projects. Busy with Imke's playroom - want to make it all pretty and organized and fun. I am building storage shelves and a bookshelve and a little kitchen for her, and making new curtain in pink and orange (her chosen colours for her playroom!). Also busy with loads of invite designs etc for people, and have been roped in as 'school mom', which means I am busy sewing concert costumes and gluing cotton wool etc etc lol!

And, I have been making time for me, which is so nice :-) going to dinner with my girlies, or playing scrabble with maatjies, or just taking a long bath and doing a face mask. Nice to make time for myself amidst the mothering and wife-ing ;-)


Playing 50's pin-up at a friends party


And my sweetest baby girl - what an absolute pleasure she is to us! LOVE all her new sayings every day. She is learning so much at school (gave me a lesson the other day about how the earth turns around the sun and the moon turns around the earth.. she's 3 and a half and knows more than me!)
She has been cast as Mary in the school Nativity play, and we are so excited to see it! She has a BEST friend who she just loves to bits, Thomas, and he is Joseph. Can't wait!



She is growing up so fast, and she is such a caring little girl, When she sees someone crying or sad, she will run to them and hug them and ask 'shampies, what's wrong?? you OK?' Bless! She is still an absolute bookworm, and is loving playing dress-up - she can be a fairy princess, pirate and a doctor in one afternoon lol!


Surgeon

Pirate - har har me mateys!

Princess

Busy Bee

Fairy

Playing super model for the camera - pouty lips are a must!




I feel so blessed. Life has been good to us, and I feel so happy and content. We have so much to be thankful for, and I love every second of this special privilege to be Jeroen's wife and Imke's mommy.

If you got this fa, you deserve a slice of cake lol! Thanks for reading - I will try to be more active on the blog in the New Year

mwah
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit! Please say hello ;-)