Monday, December 3, 2012

Projects 2012 - Part 3 - Picture Ledges

I want to put pictures of my beautiful family all over the house, and with a 13m hallway I have enough walls to hang a LOT of frames! But I did not want to be banging nails into all the walls and try to line up and space them and all the other schlep that comes with hanging pictures.

So, I decided to make easy, inexpensive picture ledges to place my frames on. This way I can change around frames as I like, and I don't have a million nail holes to worry about ;-)

Here is what I started with: some lengths of pine, some beading, some glue and some small tacks.


First, I measured and cut the lengths to size


Then I glued the beading the the front


Clamp until dry


I used small brass tacks to secure the back piece after gluing



The raw ledges finished



































Next, I primed them, then painted them with green, then washed with a bit of blue over





































And here they are up on the wall with our frames on! I plan to make some more soon!



xxx

2 comments:

  1. I still freak out about these ledges, they're so stunning. Thanks for the tutorial! Such a good idea and concept.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! We will do a class next year sometime where we'll make these - and there will be wine ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for the visit! Please say hello ;-)