Thursday, June 2, 2011

Letter to my 2 year old princess!




My Imkie Bienkie liefiekindjie,

Today you are 2 years old! We cannot believe how fast the past year has flown. You are growing up so nicely, and you are cute as a button. We are so very, very proud of you! You make our hearts swell with pride and happiness, and love, never ending love.

You are such a helpful, kind and friendly little girl. You remember to say please and thank you (most times!), and you love to give hugs and kisses, and nibbles too ;-)

You are talking up a storm every day – most things mommy can understand, but every now and then you say something that we haven’t heard you say before, and then your daddy and I look at each other for help in deciphering what it is you are saying. Your solution to this problem is to
just repeat the word a 100 times, hoping that we will eventually get it! Mommy has taught you now to take my hand and go show me what it is you want, and that helps us a lot.

I enjoy watching you play – you have a wonderful imagination already and can keep yourself entertained very well. You LOVE books, and puzzles, and if you could you would sit on my lap the whole day while we read stories. You are now bringing me a book to read out loud, and then bringing one for yourself to page through while I read. Your favourite book as of Saturday is The Princess and the Pea! You told me yesterday that you are going to ‘pekie hy met pins, to by kasteel en pins tou!’ – which means that you are going to the castle with the prince with a horse, and then you are going to marry the prince! Only 2 and already you have plans for getting married, and to a prince nogal ;-)

I love how you warn me about the oven being hot when I take something out, and how you run to bring me oven gloves! And how you stroke our animals so softly, and give them hugs. And how you hug your teddy and your Ariel figurine tightly at night and say night night to them. And how you say ‘I wove you mommy!’ every night before you sleep. My heart melts whenever I look at you my sweet, sweet child.

Thank you for being such a warm hearted, loving, funny, happy, bright and upbeat little girl. Thank you for making being your mommy so very easy. Thank you for showing me every day what love is all about. Thank you for being our Imkie Bienkie!

We love you with every beat of our hearts, with every breath that we take and with every fibre of our beings. You are more precious to us than anything in the world, and we are excited to see you grow into a self-assured, confident and kind young girl.

Happy birthday Imke – you own our hearts forever.


Our lil Imke just an hour old! 


And here she is at 2 years old - today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit! Please say hello ;-)