Monday, January 14, 2013

Blogging, bloggers and time wastage..

Saying that I love to blog hop and dicover new crazy, happy places to waste time is an understatement... (although if you are having fun while wasting time it doesn't count as wasted, right? RIGHT?) Thought I would do a quick list of my bests for 2012 (and I am sure these will stay on my list for 2013,)

One place where I can get lost for hours (literally!) is Vanessa Raphealy's site Hurricane Vanessa. I follow on twitter and once I have opened a link then I seem to enter another dimension where time just seems to disappear lol! I find myself with at least 20 tabs open and me still clicking on more links. It is addictive...

I discovered the Pintester last year, and was hooked immediately by her tagline - Fucking up Pinterest pins so you don't have to. She makes me laugh and I have several snorts-coffee-through-nose stains on my laptop to prove it..

As I am a huge Pinterest addict, and I have found some awesome stuff, but sometimes I think people are smoking pot and then pinning the most outrageous things they can find.. At Pinfuriating and WTF, Pinterest, they surely feel the same way I do - I love seeing some of the more absurd pins highligted here. And on WTF, Pinterest, reading some of the comments people make on other's pins and the nastiness has made my jaw drop to the floor. This one had me in stitches (and has made me want to use the term Old Naggy Vaginas randomly!)

Cakewrecks is in one word, hilarious! I head over there when I need reassurance that my baking is not as bad as I think... (dream on Cyndi)

Maybe I should send this Pinterest pinned cake (by the fabulous Raspberri Cupcakes Sydney Baking Blog) I attempted to bake to Craftfail, or ask the Pintester if she could do better, or just send it to Cakewrecks and admit my baking skills are not on par with my building stuff skills ;-)


 Even though it looks DISGUSTING, my pajama party girlfriends agreed it still tasted divine. And oh how I love them for being brave enough to taste it!

Happy blog-hopping xxx

PS, if you are on Twitter, brag about your blog using #bloggerrollcall - you might find some new blogs to waste time on, um, I mean have fun with.







 




9 comments:

  1. Ek lag my pap vir die koek. Hoe het jy dit reggekry? Lyk nogsteeds lekker - baie sjokolade en caramelle... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too hasty, ganache still too warm, sucky at baking etc etc etc

      Delete
  2. Ooooh thanks for sharing, let me go spend some quality time wasting time! ;-)
    Huh, your cake still looks divine to me!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, cake was really nice (chocolate overdose!)
      Will attepmt it again next PJ party time ;-)

      Have fun checking out these sites - lots of laughs awaiting!


      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing!

    Het nou iets om op die res van my middag te spandeer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! hoop een van die hou jou lekker besig dat die tyd gou verby gaan :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the shout-out! I appreciate it!
    And that cake definitely needs to be shared! And how awesome are your friends for eating it anyway :)
    OXO
    Allison (of WTFPinterest.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure Allison! I love your site so much!
      And yes, they are pretty terrific friends indeed ;-)

      Delete
  5. I laughed so hard at this post!
    That was an awesome cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit! Please say hello ;-)